PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, March 4, 2011

Girly Owl Birthday Cake

I just finished this one a few minutes ago. Very rarely do I get to work on cakes in the middle of the day, but my mom (today's hero) took Bailey for a play date while little Livie napped. I had a whole 2 1/2 hours of quiet bliss!!! Actually, I take that back...it wasn't quiet at all! ;)
.
Typically, I'm working on cakes in the EARLY EARLY morning hours before everyone is awake, or at night while everyone is sleeping. I'm required to be very very quiet during my cake time. Boooooorrrrring!!!
.
So today I broke out my favorite mixed song CD and danced around the kitchen, spatula in hand covered head to toe in sugar!! (quite a sight to see I'm sure!) Unfortunately I took too many breaks to "busta move" and this cake ended up taking me a little longer than I expected, but hey...it was fun, so it was worth it! :) :)
.
And here it is...a girly owl cake made to match the owl themed partyware.
This is what it looks like from a child's view...always looking up.
And if you're really really tall this is what it looks like.... ;)

7 comments:

  1. Love the owl!! So cute! And it is so fun to be able to blare your music while doing your thing in the kitchen! I love when I get the chance to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an AWESOME job! We had this theme for my little girl's first birthday and I would have LOVED to have a cake this cool! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWWWWWW! This is soooooooo cute!!!!! You're really good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can almost hear that music you danced/baked to! This cake is THAT adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! You are a lifesaver! my birthday is on sunday, i needed a
    a cake for my owl themed party! (a cute one of course) and i found it you
    have an amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete